Construction Specialties (CS), a leading manufacturer of specialty architectural building products internationally, with over 30 locations in 20 countries worldwide.
CS is currently looking for a General Sales Manager to cover the Mid West Region of the United States. This is a remote position. Ideal candidate would reside close to a major airport within the Mid West area in a city like Chicago or Detroit.
The General Sales Manager position is responsible for ensuring our sales channels members (SCM), and the sales team within assigned each region, have the tools and knowledge necessary to lead the sales channels effectively to achieve regional and corporate goals. The sales channel members in each territory is primarily comprised of independent sales representatives/agencies but also may include direct CS sales and specification representatives.
The following responsibilities are not all inclusive and are subject to change:
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel within a region. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes for the region. Facilitates and communicates annual SCM budgets/targets
- Responsible to become knowledgeable in all CS products and markets.
- Measure, monitor, manage, and maximize the selling/promotion activity by each SCM. Facilitation and/or provision of CS product and process training for SCM’s within territory.
- Develop strategies within the region to grow CS revenue in line with CS Strategic Plan by way of SCM and its personnel. Also responsible to help implement any Business Unit (BU) specific strategies, initiatives and/or goals within assigned territory.
- Provide leadership in sales channel planning/strategy. Ensure that the products of each CS BU are sufficiently represented within the territory and sales budgets of each product line are met.
- Evaluates the SCM, holds them accountable, coaches them on how to improve and grow their own business in line with CS strategy
- Liaison and relationship management between the SCMs and Business Units
- Cultivate and nurture key relationships with key customers and specifiers in a respective region.
- Working collaboratively with other General Sales Managers, Business Units, and Divisions of CS in order to learn and share best practices for success
- Sales Event Coordination (both regional and national)
- Responsible to lead CS efforts on large projects within territory, coordinating with all BU’s and CS SCM’s
- Working with the Vice President of Sales build and develop strategic planning for the sales region
- Minimum of 5 years of successful sales channel management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor’s degree,; degree in marketing or management a plus
- Self-motivated and has the ability to work independently
- Ability to lead, influence, and hold others accountable (and hold themselves accountable)
- Excellent verbal/communication and presentation skills
- Work from home office with daily travel within the region and willing to travel overnight (50 - 60%)
- Strategic and long-term minded
- Have financial understanding to accurately evaluate and draw conclusions to SCM performance metrics and P&L / ROI reporting.
- Proficient in business management information technologies (Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word / Excel / Powerpoint)
- Highly proficient in CRM (Salesforce experience a plus)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed