Construction Specialties (CS) draws upon its almost 70 years of extensive expertise to design and manufacture custom, high-quality products that solve complex building challenges around the world.
Provide first level support to end-users via email and phone while maintaining the company help desk. Perform computer maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, along with basic network connectivity troubleshooting. Primary focus on our Cranford, NJ location with additional focus on Lebanon,NJ office and global operations.
- Install and configure software/OS as defined by standards and request/ticket.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware/software problems for workstations.
- Create, modify, reset, disable, and delete user Active Directory accounts.
- Set up, configure, troubleshoot, and archive Office 365 mailboxes.
- Assess new tickets against sample situations to accurately assign impact, urgency, and deadline to determine priority.
- Reassign tickets to correct IT division.
- Develop understanding of each division’s role and responsibilities as outlined in ‘Roles and Responsibilities’ document.
- Escalate tickets as determined by degree of severity/priority.
- Provide support for customers via help desk platform / email.
- Reset ERP/BPCS accounts.
- Set up Salesforce accounts.
- Restore deleted files from backup.
- Develop technical documents for knowledge base.
- Monitor anti-virus and firewall reports.
- Rectify problems or create tickets to second tier support.
- Review event logs relating to software, hardware, and network authentication.
- Approve and deploy Windows Updates to workstations.
- Advise team of potentially widespread problems and/or solutions thereto.
- Act as interface between customer and second tier support.
- Cover urgent requests during non-standard business hours.
- Perform any other functions assigned by IT Management.
- Learn production equipment operation for initial troubleshooting and liaising between production and vendor.
- Facility’s security system operation / liaising with vendor.
- Manage IP telephony and video telephony set up, as well as conference set ups.
- Review of general policies and procedures with all new hires.
- Training of personnel on operation of hardware and software, as needed.
- Routine reporting of local IT operations/projects to facilities and IT management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Associates Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in help desk / PC support / Technical Analysis
- Windows Workstation OS (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Windows Server OS (2008 R2, 2012 R2)
- Mac OS X
- PC hardware/software set-up and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Microsoft Office 365
- VMware vSphere/ESXi (basic functionality)
- Backup software (Crashplan Pro, Symantec Backup Exec, Windows Shadow Copy, etc.)
- ITIL experience
- Basic networking concepts
- Barcode scanning
- Strong verbal, written, and technical communication
- Strong analytical skills and troubleshooting methods
- Strong technical knowledge of personal computers and network systems
- Ability to travel 40 miles to assist other facilities
- Ability to work non-standard hours as circumstances dictate
- A+ certification or Microsoft certification preferred
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed