DRAFTING SUPERVISOR is responsible for leading and managing the assigned Drafting staff in preparing clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches, designs, specifications and/or notes. Coordinates work load and instructs, trains and provides guidance to drafting staff in interpreting customer product requirements from architectural drawings and verbal or written specifications. This includes directing the staff and business operations of the department to achieve increased customer satisfaction levels while improving the impact and influence of the department on other SBU operations
- Supervises, coaches/develops, provides leadership to and influences work of assigned Drafting staff.
- Estimates personnel needs, plans, organizes and schedules work load, assigns work, instructs and assists staff to meet completion dates.
- Coordinates work of assigned Drafting staff to assure proper distribution of workload, timely operation of the Department’s procedures and completion of work. Reviews drawings returned by customers for correction; provides estimates of job value, drawing time, drawing delivery dates; reports drawing completions.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, units or organizations. Builds rapport with other organizational units and individuals critical to department’s success.
- Develops and implements work methods, authorizes overtime, and controls costs. Evaluates and recommends changes in methods and procedures. Assures adherence to departmental procedures.
- Ensures that Drafting has the necessary resources to complete requirements. Helps facilitate the group process both in meetings and in daily operations.
- Develops individual department members and the entire group in team dynamics, quality, and problem solving models and techniques. Orients new members of departments.
- Guides work group problem solving process toward continuous improvement of quality, timeliness, and productivity measures and expediently advises groups of any organizational changes that may affect their processes. Ensures that department goals are pertinent and clear to all. Helps group reach consensus of key issues.
- Conducts performance evaluations and assists in the creation of individualized development plans for assigned staff. Establishes employee and departmental measurements, monitors performance, and regularly meets with staff to monitor improvements.
- Prepares status reports concerning departmental activities and work in progress as required.
- Confers with Manager on unusual problems.
- Keeps informed of new developments in Drafting/Project Management and makes recommendations for continuous process and technological improvements.
- Responsible for processing Time and Attendance records and approval.
- Ensures compliance with ISO 9001 estimating timeliness goals.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’ Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- Associates Degree and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies.
- Direct experience managing others is preferred.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication methods.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage team to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated competency in Computer‑Aided Design (CAD) System.
- General computer literacy required.
- Advanced math skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed