Responsible for providing excellent customer service and maintaining strong professional relationships with customers. Act as the contact regarding scheduling, shipping and lead times. Coordinate and process requests. Assist customers with orders and advises status of orders in process. Courteously and promptly resolves customer questions and problems or properly refers them to the appropriate person. Complete related records, reports, and documentation as determined by the Department Manager.
- Process requests from Sales, Representatives and Customers, including data entry, process orders, schedule, and deliver to the assigned production department.
- Receive and responds to concerns regarding order status.
- Achieve and maintains rapport with customers.
- Follow up on inquiries for order status information. Works closely with production regarding deliveries and scheduled shipments. Maintains close liaison with other departments to carry order through completion.
- Handle the needs of Representatives, customers, and CS personnel for assigned area(s).
- Work with customers to offer alternatives as necessary to meet customer needs.
- Review orders to determine product data such as types, quantities, specifications and scheduled delivery dates.
- Set up and maintain inventory controls and levels to conform to budgets and forecasts. Determine material requirements for assigned department. Release orders for materials to outside vendors and expedite when necessary. Order special materials when required.
- Work with Management and Marketing to prepare specifications for quality, quantity, delivery and service required to meet customer/sales representative needs. Assist as necessary in supplying materials and samples for catalog shoots, trade shows, and special training materials.
- Supply materials to Engineering when requested.
- Keep customer, representative, sales personnel, and management appraised of the order status.
- Expedite rush orders, order changes, cancellations, material shortages or other conditions that affect meeting required ship date.
- Maintain contacts with sales representatives and customers to follow up sample efforts and to keep informed on needs of sales personnel and customers. Service needs and maintains satisfaction within the limits of established service policies.
- Assist with product releases. Coordinates with Marketing on product catalog distribution.
- Price samples for intercompany and international sample requests.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to excel in team environment.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to aggressively pursue logistics problems and gain commitment while maintaining a positive company image.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate action when confronted with a problem.
- Must have high stress tolerance levels.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed