Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with production of company product(s), utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment. Collaborates with management team to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered. Plans and oversees production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors. Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Promotes safety as the highest priority.
- Directly manages Production Supervisors; performs supervisory work in their absence.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline
- Assigns and directs their team with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production goals and delivery dates
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Ensures that employees have work instructions, information, tools, supplies, and equipment required to do the job.
- Leads our continuous improvement program and implements Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- Collaborates with the Management Team in establishment of production goals and work schedules.
- Updates team on information pertinent to the successful delivery of the order.
- Oversee training of team and assists in identifying training needs.
- Maintains compliance with Company policies, safety standards, and general manufacturing processes (GMP).
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Adheres to budgetary limitations
- Performs all other duties assigned by management
- Minimum Education/Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Management or related field. Requires five to seven years in manufacturing environment to include supervision. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
Problem analysis and resolution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed