Provides Immediate direction over a departmental work group. Responsible for managing the daily workflow in the department in support of the goals and leadership of the Departmental Manager. Works with team to ensure pro-active handling of job duties with a focus on excellent customer service and profitability. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values. The goal is to support the overall departmental functions through focusing on making processes and procedures more efficient to accelerate our business and provide exceptional service.
- Works with departmental Manager and other senior leadership to develop and maintain an internal culture for pro-active and excellent service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Works with departmental Manager to drive compliance within the functional team to prescribed procedures by training and identifying the proper execution of these tasks; responsible for training policies and procedures alongside best practices.
- Maintains a balance of time executing actual departmental responsibilities along with time coaching and working with functional team. Responsible for answering team’s day-to-day questions and proactively executing better customer service.
- Monitors group’s work product to ensure compliance with Construction Specialties best pratices along with an implicable federal and foreign regulations.
- Monitoring of team performance against company and client standards, regular audit of work product documents and accounting, and periodic client reviews.
- Proactively elevates service or process concerns to the departmental Manager and assists in identifying and implementing solutions. Ensures all routing and documentation problems and issues are addressed timely.
- Conducts training courses and seminars for functional team and clients in relevant areas.
- Monitors quantity and quality of jobs being performed, providing guidance and advice as necessary. Ensures works is even split within the functional team and adjusts work levels appropriately. Coordinates necessary backup role(s) during absenteeism, PTO, or transition periods.
- Ensures staff is trained on assigned duties, cross-trained on different tasks and responsibilities, and are kept updated on any changes in policies and procedures or regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for conducting monthly and annual performance evaluations of assigned staff under the advice and consent of the departmental Manager. Establishes measurements, conducts monthly performance updates.
- Addresses all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
- Establishes cooperative working relationships with other departmental supervisors/team leads to ensure good collaboration within Construction Specialties.
- Directly supervises functional staff. Carries out Lead responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Sometimes performs same or directly related work as those supervised as needed. Carries out lead responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; praises employees for good performance and suggests corrective action where necessary. Prepares annual performance reviews and works collaboratively with Supervisor in conducting performance evaluations of staff. As necessary, participates in disciplining employees; addressing complaints, maintaining good employee relations, and resolving problems.
- High School graduate required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Business education pertinent to the work performed would be beneficial.
- Requires three to five years’ experience with the company product lines and procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of trade.
- Excellent oral, written, professional communication skills.
- Strong telephone etiquette.
- Strong computer literacy. Includes proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze data reports and execute required actions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced changing environment.
- Self-confident with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to develop, lead, train and motivate others.
- Working knowledge of company products and procedures.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed