APPROACHING 2,000 EMPLOYEES WORLDWIDE AND GROWING…CS is a leading supplier of architectural building products. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Drafter.
CS is a friendly, family environment.
Our leaders care about people, customer relations and achievement.
The CS brand represents longevity, diversity and innovations.”
– Michelle (15 years with CS)
The Drafter will support our Expansion Joint Cover (EJC) Business Unit coordinating projects to include: customer service and drafting submissions, revisions, reviews and releases.
- Coordinates layout drawings and details with Estimator's quotation. Creates layout drawings from Estimator's quotations, either manually, CAD overlay or AutoCAD, for architectural comments and review.
- Modifies standard details for custom applications as required on special projects.
- Creates new standard details on AutoCAD for detail database. Maintains and upgrades as required.
- Creates custom transitions and details for special applications on AutoCAD for special projects.
- Creates AutoCAD custom details for sales promotional efforts.
- Recaps job quantities and models for comparison with Estimator's quotation for sales analysis.
- Reviews architectural change proposals, requests for information, and addenda drawings for effect on scope of work.
- Recaps project models and quantities from approved submittal drawings for production and fabrication purposes.
- Answers specific or general technical questions from architects, contractors, and representatives.
- Creates written requests for clarification on specific questions relating to submittal drawings and for purchase of special products as required for fabrication.
- Coordinates and converses with Production Department to ensure accuracy and final fabrication of project requirements.
- Creates sample requests for specific project requirements.
- Travel to project sites to resolve or answer concerns regarding installation, drawings or product usage.
- Travels to contractors or architect project sites to aid Sales in potential work.
- Converses with Research and Development to ensure proper coordination in the introduction of new products.
- Coordinates and orders custom color matches with Purchasing.
- Assists with inventory auditing.
- Converses with Sales department to adjust pricing as necessary.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties’
- Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment
- Associates degree in related degree (ie Architectural Technology) preferred or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AUTO CAD.
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of dialogue and dynamics of project management.
- Customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate among customer service, drafting, sales reps, architects, and contractors.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and REVIT proficiency a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed