Construction Specialties (CS) draws upon its almost 70 years of extensive expertise to design and manufacture custom, high-quality products that solve complex building challenges around the world.
The Estimator will support our Cranford facility.
Interprets product requirements from architectural drawings or written specs. Prepares bids based upon drawing specifications, material, labor and finished costs. Corresponds with field sales representatives, architects, contractors, and internal personnel in preparation of sales bids in an office collaborative environment. Training provided; however, experience in the construction industry is helpful.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Interprets customer requirement from drawing, verbal or written specifications.
- Prepares and revises bids based upon drawing specifications, material, labor and finished costs.
- Corresponds and contacts sales reps to obtain missing info, recommends change or substitution to improve cost, delivery, or product.
- Interacts with sales reps and internal personnel to provide accurate bidding.
- Assists in providing details for order entry, drafting, production and layout of orders received.
- Works from drawings, bid forms, verbal and written requests to make complete bid.
- Reports directly to the department supervisor.
- Provides other customer service oriented-activities in providing bids to representatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Associates degree in Architectural Technology or related degree, 2 plus years related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading/interpreting technical drawings/job specs.
- Knowledge in design basics, construction documents and fabrication methods preferred.
- Customer service/sales experience a plus.
- Architectural drafting background or related material take‑off experience helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload and schedule effectively.
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with both internal and external customers including contractors, sales reps, and manufacturing personnel.
- Proficient and literate in a Windows environment (Excel, Word).
- Problem solving skills.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Organizational skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed